512 Ethan Allen Ave., Takoma Park, MD 20912 (4BR, 2.5BA)
Welcome to this enchanting 1930 Tudor, with its warm ambience reminiscent of an earlier era. Improvements have been carefully designed to maintain this home’s architectural integrity and complement its original details. High ceilings, arches, crown molding, glass doorknobs, and original hardwood floors provide the framework; updates such as modern black & white bathrooms, custom built-in bookcases wired for electronics, recessed lighting, and all new stainless steel appliances provide the particulars that meld beautifully with older textures of wood and brick. Form dances gracefully with function in this inviting home!
The living room – ideal for entertaining or for spending cozy winter evenings in front of a crackling fire – is flanked on the east by a stunning sunroom (14 casement windows!) and on the west by a spacious dining room. French doors connect all rooms on the main level. The kitchen, with marvelous pine flooring, offers a pleasant, functional work space and charming breakfast nook. On the second level, two bedrooms share the hall bath with its fun and practical “water closet”, while the master bedroom suite provides delightful space and ample storage. On the top level a lovely fourth bedroom can double as a private studio. And the basement, with full-height ceilings and terrific potential, connects to a one-car garage.
The back deck lets you enjoy diverse birdlife; when all the flowers in the built-in boxes are in bloom, and the hummingbirds come to visit, the sensation of sitting in a lush garden high above ground is magical. A meandering brick walk – thought to be original to the home – helps stimulate the imagination in considering the promise of the large, shaded, rear yard.
- Metro Bus F4; Ride-On Bus 16
- Takoma Metro Station: ~1.2 mi.
- Capital Bikeshare Stations: There are 4 stations within
4 blocks ()
- Takoma Park-Silver Spring Food Co-op: ~0.5 mi.
- Shoppers grocery store: 0.4 mi.
Little Free Library: Across the street
Nearby parks: Forest, Spring, Jackson-Boyd, Sligo Creek
Nearby developments in planning stages
- Purple Line (Takoma/Langley ~1.2 mi.)
- Takoma Junction
- New Hampshire Ave. Corridor
Home Improvements & Amenities
- New roof and gutter system – 2015
- Exterior trim paint – 2015
- New kitchen counters, sink, stainless steel appliances, light
fixtures 2016 (with ENERGY STAR refrigerator, dishwasher)
- New 2nd level hall bathroom – 2016
- Finished 3rd level – 2016
- Floors refinished, main level; buffed/waxed, 2nd level - 2016
- Painted basement floors, walls – 2016
- Fresh paint throughout – 2016
Tax ID: 161303178241
Lot 2, Block 107
Year Built: 1930
Lot Size: 9,000 sq. ft. (0.21 ac.)
* Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed