2605 11th St. NW, Washington, DC 20001 (4BR, 1.5BA)
Welcome to 2605 11th St., NW! Elegant albeit somewhat worn, this has been a loved and loyal home for twenty years and is now in need of TLC and repair.
The charm of this home is bountifully apparent - from the gracious spaces, to the built-in dining room china cabinet, to the antique telephone shelf in the main level hall. The front door alone catches your eye with its transom windows and sidelights, and once you’ve entered the foyer, two unspoiled sets of double French doors – also with transom windows –pull you further into the home.
Additional characteristics worth noting: the large basement (with two exits), offers terrific potential for a spacious family room and/or additional bedroom. The rear yard offers enough space to garden or let little 2-leggeds or 4-leggeds romp. And you can enjoy outdoor meals on the main deck, or coffee and sunrise on the upstairs deck… Life is good!
One does not need a lot of imagination to see the exciting possibilities of this house! Whether it receives an immediate and complete renovation by new owners, or whether upgrades are made over time – 2605 11th promises to be a stunning residence once again.
- Columbia Heights, U St. metros approximately ½ mile
- Metro Bus #64 on 11th St. www.wmata.com
- Capital Bikeshare Stations: 4 within 4 blocks
Restaurants, Cafes & Pubs
- There are many food & drink establishments within just
a few blocks
- Giant, Yes! Organic Market, and Trader Joe’s located
near the metro stations
- Whole Foods approved by the DC Council for 965
Florida Ave., NW (at Sherman Ave.)
- Shaw Dog Park, 1673 11th St. NW
- Columbia Heights Dog Park, 11th St. & Park Ave, NW
Home Improvements & Amenities
- Electrical Panel approximately 1 year old
- Clothes washer/dryer approximately 5 years old
- Kitchen disposal approximately 1 year old
- 9 ft. ceilings, crown molding
- Most rooms: original hardwood floors
- 2 sets of double French doors on main level
- Rear decks off kitchen and upstairs bedroom.
- Large basement with 2 exits
- Period details including:
* Built-in china cabinet w/lead-paned glass (dining room)
* Tall doors, large windows
* Door transom windows, sidelights
* Original 5-panel solid wood doors with glass doorknobs
* Wainscoting; built-in shelf for "candlestick" telephone
- Lot 35, Block/Square 2863
- Current Tax Bill: $2,384.10 (2015; Annual)
- Built in 1910
- Lot Size: 1,706 sq. ft. (0.04 ac.)
- Living Area (DC Tax Record): 1,698 s.f.
- Gross Building Area (DC PIVS**): 2,803 s.f.
* Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed
** Property Information Verification System