525 Van Buren St. NW, Washington, DC 20912 (3BR, 2BA)
This beautiful 1932 Takoma home has been lovingly restored and updated with an eye for period detail, energy efficiency, and healthy living. The inviting interior is enhanced by an enchanting exterior with lush plantings, and even includes a garage that’s cute enough to be a home!
The clean floor plan offers a living room with original wood-burning fireplace and an arched opening to the dining room. Also partially open to the dining room, the fully renovated kitchen offers richly-hued soapstone counters and stainless steel Energy Star appliances. Upstairs are three bedrooms (the third a twin-sized bedroom or nursery) and a bathroom, as well as a finished attic (currently used as a child’s bedroom). On the lower level are a family room with second fireplace, a beautiful bathroom, and utility/laundry areas.
This home is ideally located in the popular neighborhood of Takoma, DC, with its friendly ambiance and endless amenities, including the ever-popular Farmers’ Market. You’ll find there’s a lot here to love!
Home Improvements & Amenities
- Fully Renovated Kitchen
High end, Energy Star appliances
Electric convection oven
Partially opened to dining room
- All copper pipes replaced (extra strong grade)
- Completely re-wired by licensed electrician
- High-efficiency, high-end Carrier brand central air
(incl.improved filtration system)
- Completely refinished lower and attic levels
- Fireplaces and flues upgraded (incl. new liners & caps)
- Double-paned windows• Custom front door (ash)
- Rejuvenation Hardware lighting
- Baldwin door hardware
- Zero-VOC paints (all living area walls, ceilings)
- 5 blocks to Takoma Metro Station
- ½ block to Takoma DC Aquatic Center
- 1-2 blocks to parks, tennis, & more…
- 2 Zip car stations within 5 blocks
- 3 blocks to Safeway (w/Starbucks)