15 Jefferson St. NE, Washington, DC 20011
Tucked away on a quiet Chillum block is a sweet little jewel… 15 Jefferson St., NE, a classic example of DC’s 1930s bungalows, with a welcoming front porch designed for enjoying summer evenings and visits with family and friends. If you want a real home, lovingly updated by attentive owners, this is the place!
Original woodwork and doors still adorn this home, and the kitchen and dining room, while open to each other, remain distinct spaces. The owners have made numerous updates while carefully retaining a traditional feel. Recent renovations include windows, HVAC, kitchen, and bathrooms. With two main level bedrooms, an expansive master suite upstairs, and a lower level bedroom, family room, and bonus space, this home easily accommodates owners and guests alike.
Outside you’ll find lush landscaping, w/native plants and rain barrels. A fenced rear yard offers patio and parking privacy, and secure space for canines if the new owners are the pooch-loving kind. The Fort Totten Metro (Red/Yellow/Green lines) is close by; multiple bus routes add to the convenience of this location. If you prefer to zip into, out of, or across town in your own wheels, major avenues nearby allow you to do so with ease. Or, stroll to Takoma Park and to the new Fort Totten Square and ART Place At Ft. Totten for neighborhood shopping and dining!
Home Improvements & Amenities
- New roof and gutters
- Entirely renovated kitchen (including granite counters and
sink, stainless steel appliances)
- Renovated bathrooms
- Central air installed; new furnace
- Upgraded electrical system
- New windows
- New crown molding, ceiling fans
- Added lower level laundry room, storage, & workspace
- Landscaping (native species), sidewalks, front steps,
- Off-street parking pad
- Fort Totten Metro: ~1/2 mile (Green, Yellow, Red Lines)
- Downtown Takoma Park: ~1.5 miles
- New Fort Totten Square development: ~1/2 mile
Major traffic corridors:
- Downtown (North Capitol St.)
- Across town (Missouri Ave./Military Rd.)
- Out of town - (N) New Hampshire Ave.
- (S) North Capitol St. or South Dakota Ave
New ART Place at Fort Totten development: ~1/2 mile
Property Data *
Lot 86, Block/Square 3703
Current Tax Bill: $2,048.68 (Annual)
Year Built: 1937
Lot Size: 3,603 sq. ft. (0.08 ac.)