512 Ethan Allen Ave., Takoma Park, MD 20912 (4BR, 2.5BA)
Welcome to 6406 7th St., NW, an adorable 1929 duplex that has been renovated with care and attention to detail. This is not your contractor’s flip! The owners have carefully maintained and improved this home, and also developed a lushly landscaped outdoor space that begs you to simply relax outside and enjoy!
Upon entry, you’ll immediately notice the original thin-plank hardwood floors, buffed and shining. The sunlit main level offers an open, easy flow from living room (with bay window) and dining room to the beautiful new kitchen – a true delight! Designed for work-ability and aesthetics, this kitchen offers excellent counter and cabinet space, providing an efficient work area with charming breakfast nook. Note the built-in shelves, cabinet, and window seat!
Upstairs, a roomy front bedroom makes an excellent master; two other bedrooms, a bathroom, and linen closet round out this level. On the lower level are a family room, guest bedroom, and full bathroom, plus laundry room and storage space with direct outside access.
The yard has been intelligently landscaped for home maintenance, outdoor enjoyment & environmental stewardship through increased soil permeability, regrading, deciduous tree plantings on the south side; and use of native species. Lastly: location, location! Under a mile from Metro, this home is also just blocks from several bus lines, Zip Car stations, groceries, fancy coffee, the Farmer’s Market, park & recreation areas (w/pools & tennis), and the fun of Takoma Park & downtown Silver Spring. This charming home packs a lot of punch!
Home Improvements & Amenities
- All new kitchen w/stainless steel appliances (Energy Star
- Breakfast Nook
- Updated bathrooms (EPA WaterSense faucet in lower level
- Finished basement with family room, bedroom, bathroom
- Double-paned windows
- Central Air Conditioning (compressor replaced 2005)
- Electrical “heavy-up” 2003, additional circuit added 2006
- New copper pipes 2002; main stack replaced 2012
- Driveway parking in rear
- Front & side porches
- Landscaping for summer shade/winter sun; many native species
(lower maintenance, improved moisture control)
- Less than 1 mile from Takoma Metro Station
- Convenient to multiple Metro Bus lines
- Multiple Zip Car stations nearby
- Takoma Park-Silver Spring Food Co-op
- Safeway grocery store
- Nearby parks, tennis courts, Aquatic Center.
- Cafes, restaurants and shops of Takoma Park, Silver
Spring, and DC's Georgia Avenue Corridor.
- Tax ID: 3163/0040
- Lot 0040, Block 3163
- Year Built: 1929
- Lot Size: 2,397 sq. ft. (0.06 ac.)
- MLS#: DC7849581
* Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed